Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Blowout!/Three Days at the Brink:the Reads that rock.

So Ray-Mad has a current bestseller in the book "Blowout".  I yearn to read such journalistic wisdom, evidenced in facts accompanying briefly by some generic moralizing.  I bet you wonder why a conservative cares about what Rachel Maddow does, but frankly, I'm amazed by her train of thought in her weeknight monologues which usually run about 20 minutes long.  I'd point out that the coverage is largely centered to the left, but her journalistic standards seem good, and in that respect, her work demands attention as a legitimate resource.

Bret Baer comes to us with a history tome "Three Days At The Brink" which I, with my armchair interest in history, look forward to reading.  I believe the conference detailed in the book had profound consequences on the world after 1945.  I also note that Baer tells CBS that he will take a turn in Shep's old three o'clock anchor chair on Fox Newes, and I rather look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...