Wednesday, October 9, 2019

I'll remember you Doug, as if you were a favorite pet, carried-off kicking and screaming by the coyotes.


I told Doug, as he lay succumbing to a sort of acute hydrocephalic condition, that I would not forget him.

"I'll make sure there are, as long as I live, some nice Chrysanthemums on your grave."


So I went up to Richmond Country and lay the flowers for the belated dumbass, then I stopped off by Jones Creek Fish Camp.

Had some Perch, but then wanted some crab cakes.  I agreed, to not totally confuse everyone in the back, to order the crab cakes as a second entire meal, because there was no pricing scheme for a second entree.

I could have brought the establishment to its knees, but no, I accepted extra coleslaw and fries, with the obligatory packets of tartar sauce and cocktail sauce.  And like, they didn't even ask about the extra condiments, either.

I left the sides just sitting there with the condiments, as it was.

Meanwhile, the little lady was trying to gum some frog legs, while I ate the better part of two dinners.


I got the better of them, in the end, because through their hypocrisy of confusion, they should have brought an extra drink to me, because of the "second complete meal", but no.  They hold decorum for all that, but when it came to the big ticket items, like "too smart for their own good Teevees", they held the line.

For sake of convenience.

Because of a low threshold for their own discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...