Saturday, February 29, 2020

the plague is the thing/to catch the conscience of the king!


"look at us baby,
tearing ourselves apart..."
and while there is lovin' to be made,
with all my time spent making love,
and all my love making time spent.

Hell, yall.  Let the bass player sing one, why don'tcha?
What's the worst that could happen?


*note: I hesitate to use the "audience participation" tag, however many people sing along with Timothy B. Schmidt, because the whole subtext is the current health "scare" or "anxiety", so do I call it participation if I mention plague and half the world catches the Coronavirus?  Sounds too authoritarian, to me, like I'm trying to lay claim to something for myself, something that already belongs to the world proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...