Friday, March 27, 2020

what slasher lurks in the fog?


 I was setting my thinkmeat to something, thinking of something unusually nice to say, so as to boost everyone's spirits.

Nothing immediately sprang to mind, though I had something earlier, but in a flitter of other concerns, I let that slip into a mental fog.

I was reading in a book today like the collected fuckery of the world is all a nest of interlocked fingers, like some hands connected, and in a time when we're social distancing.

I was giving a lecture today on a familiar, well-worn topic of interest, that being surveillance and popular discount stores.  They were looking at me like I was crazy, but I'm like hey, hath a not a Jew eyes?

Hath not the republic a set of great, big bug eyes?

Hath not one swerve to dodge the blade, or likewise, the blade not to shatter itself on the skeletal framing?

The collected milk-truckery of the world, how it all bounces back inevitably, with a jello-neck head bob, flailing limbs and random thoughts that bounce into one another like intermingling stations of the wireless set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...