Sunday, April 12, 2020

consider it all joy....

It was James in the good book who said, "consider it all joy when you fall into many temptations, for the trying of your faith worketh patience(endurance)."  Meanwhile, Glenn and Milton had a additional proviso for that:  "Be worried when the devil stops trying to get at you, because that means he's already got you."

I saw this through the lens of eating several pieces of sugar-free pie yesterday, that I was not only being piggish, but sinfully so in a way that disrespected God, by way of the big sin of Gluttony.  Oddly enough, after eating the pie, I had set aside time to watch a Gospel program, the BVOV week-at-once broadcast, dealing with, this week, the covenant with God.  The rub was that after my supper and the pie, all that food on my stomach, it made me too sleepy to stay awake during the broadcast.

That doesn't reflect on the quality of the broadcast.  Greg Stephens was on there with Brother Copeland and they were hauling the mail right proper in a doctrinal sense.  I note Brother Copeland has been harping on the covenant for a few weeks now, and as a lot of people with doctrinal knowledge have discovered, there is no end to the potential of new and interesting content to be made from a few core principles.

Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"dissapointing when they understood, and frustrating them the many times they didn't...."

Solidity of our convictions, the loud snores of our conscience--the courage of our computations, as it were--what is anyone, anyway?  I watc...