Tuesday, April 28, 2020

love someone, sometime, would you?


We must learn both to love the just and the unjust, as rain falls on both of them in much the same way.

I was thinking that I had popped from my rabbit hole so long ago(2007) with a general concern about people, but a mystification as to what made them tick.  Hearts, to me, plodding like pocket watches enveloped in cotton.

We must learn love, as Jesus Christ said those were the greatest of the commandments, first to love God, then to lump everyone else in there.  You mean "everyone"?  Yes I do.  See, I said "I do" and now, by Southern grace standards, we are all married, united and bound, our common lot cast in one fell swoop.

At some point, we eventually get our own stuff to a point of momentum, or to a stopping point of attention, where we can afford to look away and take up other causes, outside causes, most of which mean more to others than they do the narrator.  

But we take those up with our own equilibrium in place, and while our own work coasts along on its own, glacial and majestic, sweating life particles, we look to others, we look to contribute in some small way, and maybe in the final analysis, we can wind-up giving more than we ever took away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...