Thursday, April 23, 2020

The car that feasted on human blood.

The Ford Interceptor, a concept designed to compete with the 300/Charger Mopar twins.

What if:  instead of spending 20-30k on a new beater, you just bought a 1200-3500 buck old beater, and invest the remaining money in aftermarket customization?

What if, I just gave you a dose of being woke?

A magic dose of midnight blue metallic love potion.
As it was with Ford automobiles in North America since the late 80s, the Taurus was a key part of success.  Crown Vic sales slumped after a lengthy period without significant updates.  One idiot magazine noted that the Crown Vic circa 2006 felt "unsafe at street speed" or something similar.  Meanwhile, my primary was a Police Interceptor, and I whole-heartedly disagree with the magazine's prognosis of the vehicle.

Even had another civilian-issue Panther platform car later, and loved it just as much.  Never "felt unsafe".  I remember one of those same magazine people tried to haul plywood in her Porsche 911.  Then I would have felt unsafe at street speed.

But yeah, I had a Panther platform car.  Once there was a beautiful dream, but now that dream is gone away from me.

I'd have the aftermarket cup holder/cassette rack on the transmission tunnel, and she can set her fries where the cassettes would otherwise sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...