Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Journal: fat rednecks dropping like flies in the Chevy 1500's. the humanity.


Up pretty early considering late bedtime, but no big whoop, because I felt a sort of nervous energy from the sleep deprivation.  Motivated.  Quizzical star forecast seemed upbeat while also saying I would change my mind about something important after a setback.  Times like that, you can go around wondering when the safe is going to fall on your head, when in the day things will go wrong.

I wrote and wrote and wrote.  Off and on, throughout the day, promoted the writing.

leg quarter day, where we make a batch of leg quarters before noon, and make two meals from the batch.  Went low-sodium on that, except for a cheap-ish crab cake seasoning blend.  I was thinking also how Caucasian women sometimes turn red or pink like boiling shellfish, how that can be okay, especially if they had an open shirt, or a swimsuit top on.

A kind of baked nakedness that reminds me of food.  Therefore, in terms of appetite, killing two birds with one stone.  John Updike's short story A&P where the little girl buys canned fruit or olives or something.  I know, I went in the grocery store, too.  I'm a rock star around this town.

Chieftan of all the Worrier Clan.

Had a good long wait in the heat at the fast food place.  Finally took the initiative on that, and unlike some folks, I didn't get mad about it, or rude with the employees.  Hell, sometimes you focus on your goal and you don't make your own minor inconveniences a teaching moment for other people(strangers, those).

Helped Scarlett, or tried, past a bought of doubt, where I wasn't sure what was really at the root of the problem, was it the trigger, or was it just like, a certain precipitous time for behavior.  No answers there, but a friend is a friend, and I tried to be there, be a good ear, a good fish guy, who monitors the tank and tends the fish.

It was hot.

The damn blazes with it.

It's summer, already and just beginning.  Can't rightly get bent about it at this juncture when were still six weeks from the Dog Days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...