Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Modernist Oasis on the Soapy Sands



I was playing some clone of Prince of Persia, Prince of Egypt or some crap.  So pedestrian I even forgot the name, an Android port of a bad console rip-off from some unscrupulous developer/publisher combo "wildcatter" who wears all the hats, then in turn is owed all the profits, save what the Frugal Pleigh Store takes for itself.

I really felt it, right in my gut, you know?  Even though there was a lot of old static polygons, with bushes and other fauna that are 2D like street signs or something, I was really getting the atmosphere of the whole thing, really taking it in.

There was a desert.  Beautiful sky, but the sand grains weren't so great.  Just a swath of color, no wind effects or anything.  Like they always do the optical glare "doubling" effect, like of a corona, a regular Corona Borealis.

I was in that desert, on my dromedary, porking him along, even though my character was soundly fatigued.  When, wouldn't you know, but an oasis: but not a spit of water and glorious shade from palm trees, but instead a Whirlpool refrigerator, sitting right out there in the desert.

I got the dromedary to kneel so I could climb-off onto the damnable sand, and approaching the fridge, I could sweat around the door moldings.





No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...