Friday, November 6, 2020

extra breathing room and the "splayed hand".


 "Lupina, hold my baby while I scratch this beech's eyes out."

So I walked twice yesterday, did Tai Chi meditation twice, and then did the Tai Chi 8 form later.  Felt so good, I even washed my butt, where usually I worry I'll get sleepy after a shower jaunt.  Meanwhile, I also discovered that the quiet of the bathroom is kind of like a prayer closet.  I prayed in earnest before climbing in the shower, then prayed more in the shower.

I thank the Lord for my family, for rest, and for home.  And be aware, this is no toss-away simple feat, because so often we do take these everyday things for granted.  What I wouldn't do is tell you things are perfect.  Our home needs work, and there are issues that arise now and then among the familiars, but things overall are great.

I get along great with the housemates, and work continues on different areas of our home.  We've recovered a sitting space out front recently, and we're working on the storage area lately, giving us more options to better organize our spaces.  A little extra breathing room

And the Tai Chi meditation, along with hands metaphorically directing qi energy, is largely done though breathing, along a period of 5-10 minutes.  But I've began to think along the lines of a different philosophy being applied, with different hand postures, such as sort of an "Eagle Claw" or the splayed hand(with splayed finger, that is).


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...