Thursday, November 26, 2020

lighting the way, and not butthurting about it. You people are all my children, even as I'm referred to as a baby.

 https://www.c-span.org/video/?166068-1/presidential-visit-world-trade-center



Anyway.  I got one of those emails, a spam junk piece where a scammer was mentioning an old password of mine.  He's like "I got you."  Said he had a keylogger and a splitscreen video feed of my desktop.

I was non-plussed.

For several reasons.  Let me explain.

First, most of the people at Fox News and Rockingham NC made it clear that they knew that password.  Again, I try to tell these people that my experience is unique and cannot be replicated under clinical conditions.  When people on television used your password for news stories, the dump truck driver would respond that I'm "bipolar".

That used to be a problem with me.  Let me explain further.

While I do believe in a clear right to privacy, I observe that this has not ever applied to my own person.  I've dealt with that on my own time.

Fact of the password is that I didn't use that all over the internet, but in only two places, and many years in between.  Many years, water under the bridge, war dead, civilian dead in between.  As Doug quipped, "they paid 3000 dollars for a doorknob."

And I wanted to literally just stab Doug to death right there.  Later, part of the log-in appeared on signage on the premises of that place.  I would stare at it at lunchtime, making it kind of an effigy of the whole problem.

But I again, I dealt with that on my own terms, in my own mind.

Thousands dead.  Civilians and military, and I say "I dealt with that".

A unique life experience I've had, and as I told friends last night, to paraphrase Shakespeare, "the facts of one's personal past light the way to future butthurt."

But not from me.  I had to accept certain realities, like how people seem butthurt about innocent people dying, when in reality, the truth is they sacrificed thousands for a storyline.  Like really committed to it, you know?  Like they know but encoded it in polite language.  I know and say it straight-out flat.  And never have the twain met, like they say, "oh that's crazy conspiracy talk", meanwhile for everyone else, "conspiracy talk" is codeword for something else, entirely.

All I can do, in the meantime, is value human life more than before, in response to the popular attitude.  That is the lasting reaction after guilt and so forth is gone.

And I thought it very ironic, that the "hacker" wanted a ransom from me, or they would divulge my internet traffic to my friends.

Part of me laughed, and I was thinking, an insignificant mosquito trying to take down an elephant.  Well, a lot of me laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...