Monday, December 7, 2020

Mister Mayor, were there irregularities?


For 300k a month, I'd be scurrying up some spare votes, a thumb drive in the lawyer's custody, 90k votes, predominantly repub in a dem district, he would claim.

Something about it being because of Trump's rallies.

Say "what" again.  You think Marcellus Wallace is a bitch?

I was down there on the Marlboro side of the riverfront, where the hardwoods, now leafless, were pointing like witch fingers towards the sky, and there was a kind of phantom haze around the sun.   It was a beautiful effect, and I could feel that solar warming on my skin.

There was drink.  I was "feeling no pain."

"So here's to you, missus Vogelsong.  Tell me Joltin' Joe has won the day.  Hey, hey, hey."


Pliant eyes.  The narrative.  Worldviews reinforced.  What Anderson Cooper would do for a Klondike bar.

The power of positive thinking.

Sometimes, we have to be happy with what and who we got.  And ain't that a lot?  What we got.

So abstemious.


I reckon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...