Saturday, December 12, 2020

The hog knows only to be filled. and some more.


If we could only, shut it out, put it aside.....  the outside.  Well.  Not nature.  Not put aside nature.  Or even a cityscape.  But the constant climbing over one another for resources.  The growing.  The endlessly updating phones.  And other such.

Remember, I was told I needed a job.  And then I was told the job I had didn't make enough money.  Then I was told I made too much compared to my peers; but I was too busy to enjoy them duckets.  Too busy for a lady, and so many, called forth like names in the rolodex, some for a name, some for their appearance.

On the love front, there was some deeply conflicting information.  I had a debate about Free Will with a friend, that is Free Will in the face of divine inspirations and all the rest, what is allowed to just pop into view, and what isn't it.  You know, like agreed upon.  And told sometimes that was satire.  Sometimes just a show.

Well, usually just a show.

Conflicting information.  However, that said, for about an hour, I knew once that I had a clear playing field.  Anything I wanted.  There was no "I can't hear you" preloaded bs or anything, but a clear playing field.

Remember, I was still too busy to have a lady friend, though I had money and a kind of middling job.  Not money enough to afford to move out, of course, but money just the same.  A knucklehead was selling roses one day before Valentine's and made a bee line to me to offer me up one for sale.  That much, I thought was satire.

The clamoring, the climbing, the jockeying for position.  No wonder some of the elderly fall into a depression, once they've removed themselves from that equation, if that was most of what they held dear.


I could tell this one and that one, "you wouldn't be happier if you went from 37k to 250k".  You'd just have a more expensive car to dislike, for one thing.  And of course, another apartment to hide in with the shade drawn, as you look at your social media, which might be kind of a sketchpad of dreams.

Or should I say, a barf bag filled with other people's effluvium.

A friend fancied himself an entrepreneur.  Particularly, to take the mantle of his father, another entrepreneur, but surpass him, of course, making the father proud, while refuting his sire at the same time.  Anyway.  Given the family business, ye ken?  So he's not so much an entrepreneur.  That's something he didn't deal with on his own end.  So given the business, getting in late on the investment trends, usually buying on the high end with less chance of profit, and so forth.  Late in so many senses of the word.

But wanting to look at biographies of men like Warren Buffet.  He wanted the money and the mindset, the secret, which was the allure, the question, "how to make all that money?"  How to secure all those duckets, in other words.

But we're knowing, and I said it before, that familiar(the friend), can't even really be given the money,  then expected to make a sound decision, unless we were to lull ourselves into believing that his family business sense was perhaps imparted into the DNA, like an innate trait.

And looking on, we know.  It'll never be enough.  There will never be enough.  Was that Perot that mentioned, "a vast sucking sound"?  Lol.

When is the woodpile big enough?  When is there finally enough Walmart Supercenters?  When does South Carolina have that just right amount of Dollar General stores?  When is the car or truck, "good enough"?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...