Thursday, November 30, 2023

Prayers offered up in earnest for the starving lesbians..... not really a joke, at all, in the grand scheme of things.

Nov 30, 2023 6:00 AM
Thursday

Outgoing congressman Dan Kildee said something I agree with: “I remember when Jim Jordan represented the furthest fringe, and now he’s mainstream.”  I’m a Republican, mostly, of the Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney stripe, I remember voting for Romney and he still to this day carries some of my loyalty–the mega-successful Mormon business man.

I still consider Jim Jordan and his stripe fervently on the fringe.

Praying for Hope, a bisexual with a history of drug-abuse, a now adult mix-race child, and she, a woman at times, joy finds her at random times, in whatever circumstances.  At last report, she had been banished from the bottom of the barrel, the druggie trailer park in Patrick.  If I had the funds and a spare bed, I would.  She wants a shack up, but she doesn’t know thats not what she needs.  That’s the practical side.  

She needs income.

She needs shelter.

She needs quality friendship.

What does she get, instead?  Emotional vampires using her as a cum-rag.  I feel for these people sometimes.  I really do; circumstance makes it so hard for them to even catch a breath of fresh air, when all they need is a quiet moment, and they can’t get their heartbeat to slow, can’t find just plain old quality rest and realistic, honest companionship.  In a world of casual acquaintances, she needs several real Platonic friends, and a period of peace, fed well, clothed and housed, in which she can address the next phase of her life, without the urgency of poverty and lack and loneliness.  A support system.

I went a little deeper on ministry past few days, and it feels good; I’m using some of the television pastors as a resource, to keep me focused, even the humanist psychologist for the more Practical Application side.

I come across, “be ye transformed”, in Romans 12, that the mindset can dictate so much of the body, the health, even warp our reality in to something.  And as we do that, actively thinking our circumstances, we come what is good and proper, through that generation, in the spirit of love, mercy and longsuffering.

I can prayerfully, in part, control my circumstances by my mindset; and with the joy and peace of Christ in my heart?  What weapon formed against me could ever prosper?  If God be with me, who could be against me?

Process.

Sanctification and so forth, the continued renewing of the mind, just as God, aforementioned continually spawning Christ, we are also continually regeneration in our minds, even as the braincells die, we remain vital and innervated because of our spirit and hope.

“I will be your God, and you will be my people.”  I cringe that Israel seems to be floundering at the PR aspect of war.  I believe in the end of terrorism, and the right to exist, and even more, a viable, future possibility of two PEACEFUL states.  

Let us be rightly minded for the work ahead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...