Saturday, January 6, 2024

King Heinz, George II!

Unto our lives.....

I had took a little time, to "find myself", Lost Time, as it were, even as the moon went a centimeter out, I screwed my head on straight, and in rows and rows of empty boxes, I found my own quiddity, that thing that makes me, me, that bit of something, innate, "maybe she's just born with it", and then I was there again.

Was I in Thomas Payne's Common Sense?  The Analects?  The Nicomachean Ethics?  The Enchidrion?  Or even Don Quixote?  The pages of EC Comics or Mad Magazine?  High Times?

Indeed, wherever I am, there I find myself, almost a super power, to look up and intone "Here and Now, the hour peculiar to the present, I make my stand."  I need no pity party, but simply to cinch up my belt and proceed.

"It's easy if you try; I'll show you how."

"Think of me as a baby bird.  Peep!  Peep!  I'll be the Alcibiades to your Socrates."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...