Thursday, January 2, 2020

The End of the Beginning, with a decade gone: "I'm not the man they think I am at home".

Dustin.  Not Cowboy Dustin or Movie Star Goldie, but post-modern Dustin, the guy who came through it all and has ALL his personality mojo on his side, at his command.  Anyway.  I saw Dustin, punch Sammy in the ass twice last night.  Now, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think, beyond it being a punch, a show of aggression, that there was like a secret message in that.

Something like, "Hey Sammy, you're a bitch."  One of my own personalities, Dolemike, would say to a bitch, "BEEEEYITCH, BOW DOWNNNNNN!"  Just the other day I popped-off with my Theologian personality and was talking about the prophet's words of the "child playing at the hole of the asp", which caused a nice silence from my familiars.  But that's neither here nor there.  I was watching and saw him punch Sammy in the ass the first time, and I thought it was funny, but then when he did it again a few minutes later, I thought "that's no accident".  Obviously intentional.



Update: I forgive the "sharp-laughing lady" from WBTV.  Staying mad with her, is like getting mad at a puppy.

Because

A)she was just doing her job

B)she's quite cute(Yes, I tend to "put women in my pocket" as if I were collecting them.)

(a personality flaw)

My buddy Taylor, who I should probably refer to actually, not as just Taylor, but Buddy Taylor, didn't understand the nickname, but it all works out, calculated and counterbalanced, and in the interim, I'm still the same old Sonny.  Sonny and Taylor.  Like a buddy-cop movie.  "You're off the case!  You destroyed half the city!  You're a loose cannon!  Gimme your gun and badge!"

Yet another personality: a cop on the edge.  "You ain't just buckin' for a psycho pension, are you?  You really crazy!"

"Do you really wanna see?!?  Do ya?!?"


Anyhow.  Ten years ago today, I was sitting, last of the Walmart roll still in my pocket(it had been delayed thanks to the fact that I had shot my cell phone dead), and I had just read Under the Dome by Stephen King.  I was musing and downcast about how he used the main villain's name, how it would change from the familiar to the formal in some mentions.  But then he was respected and hated at the same time, so it was like there was a different reference for each lens.  It reminded me, that duplicity, of how people would talk about the F1 legend Michael Shumacher, how sometimes he was just "Michael" and sometimes "Shumie" or "Shoe", depending on whether the reference was positive or not.  It seemed to me then, that people online didn't like "Michael", and that was all a factor, that thought, in the "manic episodes" I was having at the time.

Anyway.  Old King really strives to entertain people, but between all this we do get glimpses that the man really is a talented writer.  He made his bones, back in the day, behind his technical merit as an author, with a few nicely done scenes in the novel Carrie, before he got pigeon-holed as a Popular Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...