Monday, March 30, 2020

better living through chemistry.


When the doors of perception are cleansed, we can hear Hubby #9 cursing all the way to the divorce lawyer's office.  Easy to hear him driving along in his little Triumph motorcar with the top down.

 I cannot tell a lie.  It was Velshi that chopped down the cherry tree.  String him up, if for no better reason than for his punishment to act as a detergent to would be ass-enders.

I almost came up with something nice to say today, something that might make people feel better about the current situation, but honestly, that crap flew right out of my head.  I was thinking about the common condition, how we share in some of our destiny, how things can intertwine, like bailing wire in the bicycle spokes.

I just have a hard time feeling real empathy for people, sitting where I am, as kind of a solitary figure.  Not that there is no hope for me.  Several years ago I finally started emotionally reacting to things in entertainment, as if I had real, genuine feelings.  I was surprised by this, that I reacted to something, almost like a regular person.

None more surprised than me.

Sounding the depth of things, and all.

Acting as a detergent for worse things, I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...