Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Hooptie dreams. A film scene redux.

MF was spittin'.

"come and eat from heaven's store
come and drink and thirst no more..."

  I was thinking.  This stupid kid dressed up like me.  Even put on a bald cap.

That was a demeaning readthrough, and believe me, I had sat through some humdingers in my day.  But hell, that kid was spittin'.

"Remember, Jason....  Jason, remember...."

I'm literally, like, "I can't believe sluggo here is about to kill me with a machete."

 I mean, Christ, I had just basically flushed a whole summer camp down the toilet like it was last night's meatloaf.  I had a pretty impressive body-counting piling-up around.  Then along comes this little MF!

He had a sort of spark, I guess, a spark of ingenuity, like the old Hero archetype or whatever, but he was like Enkiddu from the old story, while being a Hero, also a Trickster.  And how did I let him wrest my Hero mantle away?  I'm telling you: MF was spittin'.

Lord help me, though.  I couldn't help but remember.  

"and them two women thought the world of me...."

Thinking to myself, again, as it had been proven time and again, Elton John lyrics wouldn't always get me straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...