Sunday, March 22, 2020

Woke as Tuck/Robot Dickens

I was watching Scair-peon with the incredible bouncing bambino, that bundle of joy.  Blanche was about to get fired from the museum, while Rose was busy with the suicide hotline, and Dorothy was having chronic fatigue.



Martha was like, "wow", and Tucker would come in and lay rail, stop to eat a biscuit, then commence back to laying rail.  Sean was half-asleep on the cell phone, still managing an intelligible word now and then, but with a trail of drool down his chin.

I was asking Rhiannon, "it gonna be a good day tomorrow?" to which she would say, "just keep smiling", almost like I could will it so if I kept a positive attitude.

"Stocks were down", she'd say.

"Good time to buy some" I'd say.  Because you buy low, always, and sell dear.  Like my cousin, shopping at Bi-Lo and eating deer.



I brook not what's not brooked at me, like, but to presume and make the world put off its orbit, stopping the world the wave of a hand, the digital Magneto.  Like when Laura wears a sleeveless top, I'm thinking, I walk shoe-less in the grass, I'm gonna get my toes wet.

Meanwhile, the Joker and his gang had a ship load of toilet paper, and the gang was all celebrating, thinking they could get straight behind such a score, but there was old Joker, lighting his match, about to set it all off.  See, he was some sort of new-fangled communist villain, who didn't pay his workers with money most of the time.



I looked over at the baby, who was still awake, watching Scair-peon with me, and I could see, in the tyke's eyes, a horrid reflection of the burning toilet paper, and thought: Sam Hain, an emblem of the lost future, the inevitability of fate, samnombulsim, and the kings from the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...