Thursday, April 30, 2020

let not your raunchy be distempered

Screen Capture from FNC's "Hannity" from a few nights ago.


Sean and the colic.

I don't know who exactly, or what, or why, but Sean was downcast a few days ago.  I was like, you know, I don't agree with him on everything, but I wouldn't have the guy just be down all of a sudden.

You say, "the result was completely out of proportion with my intent."

"It got out of hand."

If you really think about it, every one of us gets our hind-ends punted by the boots of life, and all the time.  Everyday, like when BB King sang that "Everyday I have the Blues."  But Sean was almost breaking kayfabe, taking down the fourth wall, and coming to something that was really bothering him.

And he spoke to Laura about it, but it was like, she all on about the media in her usual mode that she was no help to Sean, and she didn't probe the matter deeper, but had that kind of sideways smile/sneer on that she does.

Shannon would have said something nice to Sean, something to console him, like a beautiful mother in the breakfast nook burping her infant child.  And me, rubbing her shoulders, giving her as good a smile as I can, something comforting as she in turn comforts the baby.

Did you notice how I weaseled into that image?  Kind of insinuated myself.  Meanwhile, Laura keeps calling, talking about tires for the Lexus, and I hid my silenced cell in a flower pot.

And all these random daydreams, musings, and even the religious stuff, most of which is pretty thought-provoking in itself, does precious little to solve the original query, which is Sean's distemper.  I must admit it eludes me, but I'm sure, as I've listened to Sean for decades now, that it involves 

a) The Deep State

b)Progressives

and last but not least

c)The Mainstream Media

I mean, those guys, and he's just watching them mostly himself, just like the rest of us, really just got under his skin and maybe he begins to see the GOP leader is kind of a Sisyphus character, doing the impossible, saying that life should be fun, that Mar-A-Lago has bed bugs and Chairman Xi said it was like a trailer park with freshly-cut grass.

"Why, we could go to the Doral", he would say.

And I'm like, "I would rather stay somewhere in this next county, while I SMOKE a pack of Dorals instead."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...