Monday, June 15, 2020

The Old Fraud and the Sea.




The ghost caught me, from where I don't know, in my fishing boat.

I felt icy fingers at my flesh, and I writhed and thrashed about in terror, unafraid of falling into the seawater.  Then I felt my waist-belt being unfastened.

"My life--!" I thought, so much of it rushing through my mind.

"WHY TORMENT ME, SPIRIT?" I cried, my heart about to burst inside my chest.

"I am going to strangle you with your own belt" came the quiet voice of the spirit, and then unconsciousness over took me, that being a kind of ironic mercy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...