Thursday, November 12, 2020

Pick me out a weiner, Bobby.


"Look what happened to yours, my lovely."

So.  I read that self-identifying blacks account for only 18% of the US population(as of 2010) and yet, someone like a Gail King would absurdly demand that the Oscars give them 50/50 coverage.  And why?

It's tokenism.  Like Clyburn said about Tim Scott.  When Clyburn himself is such a worn token, that you can't even read Caesar's inscription on his face anymore, because he's been carried around in pockets so many decades.

"What do you have at home?  Pitiful, portable picnic players?  Come with Uncle and hear Angel Trumpets and Devil Trombones."

And then Ho-Ho came early, bringing me a Glenn Beck hosted program on Victory Channel.  I like this energy.  I like this a lot.  It only gets better when Pastor Gene Bailey starts talking about Asuza Street.

I actually had to go to infirmary because of an old dermatology condition, a skin thing from torching oil wells in Iraq all those years ago.  I was going along, and across the way, Garret was plopped on the weight bench in a "thinking man pose", doing his bicep curls.  He was well known for sending indiscrete nude selfies to women.

Garrett yelled something in my general direction.  What, I wasn't sure.

"How I treat them hoes..." I said, musing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...