Wednesday, September 13, 2023

9/13. Drinking away bad memories at a back table in the Silver Moon.

 

Both a gentleman and a scholar.  Howard Kirvonnen: he thought she looked like a stripper, and I had a different worldview, I was yet more certain, I KNEW she looked like a stripper.  Stage name Orchid.  He'd only put singles in her underwear, where I do whole twenty spots.

You know she got a Master's Degree in business?  Pin a rose on her, I say.  I hope like hell too Howard Kirvonnen is doing okay these days: I lost track of him.  And you know, that Cincinnatus, "the proclivity in which good men repair, democracy", and all, and still being a gentleman and a scholar.

#themoreyouknow

#ialmostshitonmyself

Well now I almost have a Master's Degree in Literature, some 3000 dollars and three Credit Hours short as we speak, a "capstone" course of independent study, lacking.  I diverged into Visual Arts, Communications, Data Science, Philosophy and Sociology.

I felt my mood turn, like the flick of a light switch, driving along, I looked to the right at my buddy's place next to the pond in the Cash Community, but before, I had seen MacDonald at his sitting place on a Kubota; sauce for the goose, and listening to Joyce Meyer pump sunshine.  I really needed that shit.

When you come through, you're always a tick different afterwards; I had one doctor say there was residual brain damage.

And would you believe, me and two black guys taking turns, our best lines on the stripper, and her brushing us off so politely, so gently, with a kind of sweetness and gentile that made us think we could dry again, ad infinitum, in hopes of our own turn with her, riding her Kawasaki.  And not Doug's Kawasaki.

Never Doug's Kawasaki.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...