Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Time of the Season(Arise, Chicken! Arise!)

The key to the season is always ball control, that's why I wasn't too put off by them letting Cornbread do a bunch of slow carries.

Cornbread himself, as we remember, was a "worst-to-first" who went from Learning Disabled to College Prep in just one set of number 2 pencil bubbles.  The citizenship test though, was a different story, and I was in the video store that day, while they made him stay over, to take the test a fourth time.

Four times.  Funny how I could make an A, and my closest friend in the class would fail.  Like they were punishing one of us, or something, like the did to UNK.

That lady hated UNK, and suggested that I, a young man, was having my period when I asked to call out sick.  But I was on the President's List that year, and she hated UNK just enough to hold him back a year, and that set-up a surprise reunion circa 93 or 94 when UNK was roaming around friendless, and then that evil smile broke across his face when he saw his old compadre with the upper class men at that school.

Ball control, remember that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...