Sunday, February 11, 2024

tempered but nonetheless grand ambitions.

 You're thinking, "what is this strange new thing that I've come across?"  A grouping of squiggly talkie words that scream "shoot me!".  But letters on a page--they don't vex you--until you take them up, or as the charismatics say, "speak the words into existence", manifest something, as it were, then it was but one or two little churns of a larger process.

You can't find peace until you love someone else.  I heard that in a song.  I would say, "why did you date someone you hated?", perpetually hoping for some glimmer or gleam of improvement, that way of spontaneous combustion in the wild, where something just barkspangles into being.

Haun Sanity needs a safe space.

Here, you can scream into the ether, any words you choose, or pound the walls.  Perhaps draw stick figures on the walls with scraps of charcoal.

I watched Knightriders a few days ago.  A lot of the familiar Pittsburgh b-movie people, and an A+ screenplay on a low budget production.  I love the subdued but grand ambition of the piece.  King Arthur presiding over the Renaissance Fair, and I saw Patricia Tallman's boobs.  Tom Savini's finest hour as an actor, not to mention the scene with chrome codpiece.  And to think, I couldn't find this film in the home market for a long time, but it got picked up because of all the motorcycles, on the old Speedvision cable network.

I was sitting there using my productivity apps.  

"8 am.  Give ma a hard time."  

"8:45, rest, see what Poppy Harlow is wearing on camera."  

"9 am, Wagon Train."  

"10 am Joel Olsteen." 

"10:30 am, one cookie."  

"10:45 retell Joel Olsteen's opening icebreaker joke from his show."  

"11 am, belittle my father, insult his personal taste in order to make myself feel more superior and well-adjusted."  

"11:15 am, if not exhausted, see what Harris Faulkner is asking Jason Chaffetz about on camera."

"Rinse and repeat.  Treat yourself later to another cookie."

"Facebook harem status check."

"1pm(before more Wagon Train) count my money.(I'm saving up to buy myself a bicycle for my paper route.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...