Thursday, February 15, 2024

At the proverbial tool sale tent by the sea.

 I was at the tool sale tent by the sea.

Abel Ferrara and me.

There were Nippon soldiers climbing the palm trees, tossing grenades and stuff.  Each man had a hand on his carbine and the other on his maudlin helmet.

"What low down ways" I thought, remembering some of the lead-up and all, Patrick Stewart declaring "year one".

I had prior had my own Year One, and is worth tallying up for the sake of absorbing life lessons from the various mistakes and success.  And I know what you're thinking, that if you read these pages, somewhere therein I will put an infographic of my tallywhacker, but no, the facts themselves are perhaps dismal, desultory enough to make the whole thing rotten enough for entertainment sake, for some kind of box office value or something, fair market value and all.

Spending some 85 million, and then, the same approval committee, seeing the finished work, saying it has "no discernible market value".  I can remember when a similar sentiment was vouchsafed against Aqua Man.  So the thing just gets rolled-over into the next Michael Keaton project.  "Second Unit footage." And all, like the let the Cinematographer be the Second Unit Director, and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...