Friday, October 25, 2019

2019 deficit: to tag Trump, or to "eat the piggie"

984 billion dollars!  Budget deficit on steroids in the United States.  Administration spending gone out of control.

Conservatives watched Obama try to spend the economy of a melt-down and consistently complained about the spending.  Now Trump touts his employment stats and ignores that he may be, in part, still "spending his way out of trouble".

Mnuchin recommends spending discipline next year, but who knows?  Such a remark might inspire butt-hurt from Trump, and cause Mnuchin to "decide to resign" followed by a catty tweet from the POTUS.

I was reading this morning a bit between Brian Stelter and Zucker from CNN disagreeing about Fox News being divided into a "news wing" and an "opinion wing".  I strike a balance between the two perspectives, believing there is a "news wing", but its much smaller than Stelter acknowledges, comprising currently only anchor Bret Baer and a handful of correspondents(that is one anchor after the departure of Shepherd Smith recently).

I note that during the Obama presidency, Fox News had the "debt clock" that began several of its shows on a regular basis, but since the Trump presidency, the impetus to debt oversight has slowed.  During their wall "barn burning" with "immigration crisis" reports almost hourly, they found that old heat to be directed towards a cause, but with the band aid of a small section of wall being built, the on-air talent seem to have forgotten their pet cause.

Rage on Fox for justice for Kate Steinle also quelled after the trial of the "murderer".

What pisses-off conservatives today, I ask?  Still the fake and phony news media?  The "destroy Trump media"?  I note the leftist media and those that pretend to be mainstream refer to the Impeachment as a "saga", with them seemingly, "in not so many words", committed to beating the horse for a long, long time, despite recent timetables being laid-out that would stymie media pretensions towards the long-haul.

But at least Trump recommends that some of his cabinet departments drop their subscriptions to his most hated news outlets.  This, just after I decided to subscribe to a few newspapers, being dissatisfied on the average with cable news coverage.

And almost completely estranged from Fox News.  I even watched Greg Jarrett, once one of my favorite anchors, who had a plumb spot on the weekends on Fox News, become a conservative pundit.  He even wrote a book.  And a lot of them write books.  Surely, Limbaugh laid-out the formula for Hannity and Laura Ingram years ago.  Just start out like this: "I'm so mad at the mainstream media."  Then explain why.  Dig if you need to.

I think I'll re-read "The Way Things Ought To Be", which was, as I remember, Rush Limbaugh's first best-selling book.

Anyway.  Enough butt-hurt about television-viewing activities.  What happened to fiscal discipline?  Now the Democrats, enamored with 800 billion dollar-each this-and-that freebie programs, become the deficit hawks?  Do we forget Clinton, on a swing to the right, balancing the budget, and then Dubya literally giving the money away?

I was an "under-employed" un-taxed employee back then, considered a dependent back then, so I got now brown check with my legal name on it. 

But I did get some takeout food from the deal, because, as I remind you, I was a dependent.

non-withholding

"under-employed".

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...