Sunday, July 19, 2020

an enlightened third party with no clear path to victory: neither a joe nor a don.



Yeah.  I heard years ago before this election stuff kicked up, about Don "just being Don", like "special in the head" or something, and people generally liked Joe, even if you made sure to check over your place after he left.  I heard all that, and made my ass raw.

And I'm thinking.  They better not sing any of my songs on stage, either.  I won't stand for it.

We hear people saying this or that is "not in my wheelhouse", and I'm like, you know, its never really been in my wheelhouse, between a few people I could name that I've never actually met, and then some people on television that I don't like.

Last time I got near one, I was told to bring 500 dollars and a carton of cigarettes, and I thought the whole time, I would probably get shook down for the rest of my money on scene by the wayward husband, or maybe even my car stolen if I made the meet.  How charming, world.

And that guy thinks he is WHO, now?  I remember talk of tapes and files and so forth, and I was wondering how complete the data really was, with me actually hearing some of the points.  I still say they got some of that from people that didn't like me, but therein lies a certain brilliance, that if you want the juicy dirty info, you don't go to people that actually like the subject.

And the lady at Hartsville with the headset was like, "I can't hear you", and I'm thinking that's about the biggest bunch of bullshit I've heard.  If that's the mgmt style there, then I'm glad I didn't make the team, you know?  I mean, for all I know, they would hear it if I farted IN MY CAR, outside in the parking lot.  

Not so much that it matters, you know, I just don't like a lie.  I believe most people would agree with that last statement.  Like that other time, I let the numbnut cousin order the food when the lady couldn't hear me.  Which was fine.  She wasn't quite bright enough to know to take a step or two closer so she could hear.

That's those "equal opportunity employers" I suppose, the pitfalls of the Americans With Disabilities Act, accommodations must be made for impaired employees and the like, standing there nearly stone deaf with her order pad, seeming otherwise empty-minded, too.

I should make a movie where a guy kills a lady by jabbing a screwdriver in her ear.  I know, I know, "that would be offensive to Rush Limbaugh."

On a more positive note, the dining area is closed at that restaurant in Cheraw.  That's what we call a silver lining, in the whole Covid mess.

Screw you all.  And good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...