Tuesday, July 21, 2020

"over on the mountain: thunder, magic, foam." cup half empty.

"Run through the bungle;
don't look back, again."

A night of bad dreams, me thinking more so, "cup half empty", the long-term prospects of the family questionable.  Three bad dreams, spread across the night, each so disturbing they caused me to awaken.  I saw those that were lost, saw them as I remember them best, not necessarily as the broken figures they had became before death.

6/28 and all that.

Some concerns just overwhelm.

"Evil man make me kill you,
though we're families apart."

The rest is minutia; there is only waiting.

I mean, truly, 9/11 guilt not withstanding, Covid antipathy, thinking with the future of the family in question, the list of people I care about growing shorter, I think, from my own perspective, a lot more of the faceless masses could just wink out of existence.

Truly.

In the perfect sense, one keeps himself centered, and I can't claim that kind of peace at the moment.  One has some level concern for others, and I can't claim that either.  I have in that sense, in the face of the universe, failed at Stoicism for the moment, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"vapid certitude", Boxey and Odetta, and the Jazz Workshop album.

Could it be, Lucillus, that idleness is the mother of invention?  And all our courage is really but the vapid certitude of an empty brain? I...